Monday, October 24, 2011

Back at it!

I'm back to running on a regular basis again. I took 7 days off after my 50 miler. The Friday after the race was my first day for no soreness and I was actually itching to get back at it after that much time off. Last week I ran 4 days as I was just going out for a run whenever I felt like it. This week will be my first full week. I feel mentally and physically refreshed and ready to build for the next race.

The goal is to build to be able to rum 80-100 miles a week as consistently as possible. Hopefully I don't find a breaking point, but if I do I will back off and just do as much as my busy will allow.

My next race is Nov 5, a 20 hr adventure race with Trey and my buddy Chris which starts and ends at Milford Lake. After that I will just do races when time allows me to.  Proposed race plan for this next year would include:

Psycho Wyco 50k in Feb
Free State 100k in April
Flint Hills Marathon in May
Heartland 100 mile in October

I'm sure I will find some other smaller races to fill in on but that what I'm thinking for now.

No comments: