Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Back to Earth

6 miles - 45:00

A very important thing to remember while training for something is to look at your training as a whole and not day by day. For example, I went out yesterday and ran 7 miles at 7:00/mi pace and felt great. Tonight I ran 6 miles and struggled to finish at 7:30/mi pace. When I step back and look at it, both days my heart rate was the same but today my run was a much more hilly route and my legs and body are tired from running as much mileage as I have lately. It would be easy to get frustrated but from experience I know if I just take a day off I will feel great on my next run. Sometimes rest is almost just as important as working out. The plan is take tomorrow off and then run again on Friday when it is 50 degrees. Can't wait!
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

No comments: