Sunday, June 26, 2011

Feeling good with my miles staying UP!!

Sorry its been a while since my last post.  I'll try to get back to posting on a more regular basis.  The good thing is I'm still running a lot, I've just been lazy on the posts.  Last week I finished up another 70 mile week and felt really good.  I started off this week with a 13 mile run with Kory, we moved right along for the entire run and felt good throughout.  Again I went long on Thursday since Josh was going to be out of town on the weekend.  This week Brandon joined in for most of the run(26 miles).  I ended up going 32 miles in 4:19:00(8:06/mi pace) and felt really good throughout the entire run.  The last 10 miles I dropped the pace down and was running 7:30/mi pace.  During that time I felt really good but my heart rate was a little higher than I would have liked it.  What's great is the next day I felt like I could run outside of what I think is a little tendinitis in my left foot.  I took the day off and because at this point I'd rather be safe than sorry.  Again I hit 70 miles for the week and felt really good.  This morning Kory and I went out again for 15 miles and averaged 7:16/mi pace.  I really feel like I'm getting stronger and stronger with each week that passes.  I'm excited to see what I can do as I start racing some longer races.  More to come...

No comments: