Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Heartland 50

7 miles - 49:20

Heart rate was where it needed to be today but felt like I was working harder than that at some points.  Overall I felt pretty good and my plan of getting over 60 miles is right on track.  I talked to the race director  of the Heartland 50 ultra that I will be doing in October this evening.  I was under the impression that the course was going to be very hilly but he let me know that it is mostly flat.  This obviously makes me feel much better about the race.  I train almost exclusively on hilly roads out by my house.  He also let me know that they would be meeting sometime in August to run the first 25 miles of the course which covers everything I need to see.  I feel very confident at this point with the way my training is going and now knowing a bit more about the course makes me feel even better. 

No comments: