Saturday, April 16, 2011

Long Run was Awesome!!

Friday - 4 miles - 30:00

I was planning on going 7 miles but I didn't leave prepared for the rain.  Should have worn my waterproof North Face jacket which would have kept me completely dry.  Instead, I didn't and I was completely soaked which is normally okay but this time there was a certain area of the body that began to chaffe so bad I knew I needed to pack it in early.

Saturday - 18.3 miles - 2:23:00

Josh and I headed out for a 17 mile long run at 6am.  The wind definitely wasn't as bad as it was supposed to be which was nice.  As we got out to the turn around point we both were feeling good so we just kept going.  It was the longest I had gone in a long time and I felt really really good the whole time.   We averaged 7:45/mi and my average heart rate was nice and low at 147 bpm.  Today was my first run with a new gps watch.  I got the Timex Global Trainer and it is sweeeet!  It looks a little big but feels light on the wrist.  The options are endless with this watch and I love it so far.  One of my favorite things is that you can make it so the backlight is on all the time.  This is great since a lot of what I do is in the dark.  I got in 53 miles this week. Goal is to hit over 60 this next week.

No comments: